Long-term business visa
Are you planning to find a job in Prague after obtaining your TEFL certificate? If you are a non-EU citizen, you will need to get a business visa to be able to work legally in the Czech Republic. The business visa is based on a Trade Licence and is valid for up to 12 months. It is the best visa option for language teachers.
We know that dealing with all the visa paperwork and authorities can be quite overwhelming and difficult, especially if you need to focus on your TEFL course. That’s why we are here to help you with the entire visa process. Our in-house visa team is ready to help you at any time. No external agency, we are always at your direct disposal.
The assistance includes:
- Completion of all forms and documents necessary for the Trade Licence application
- Getting the Trade Licence
- Completion of all forms and documents necessary for the Visa Application.
- A trip to the Czech Embassy in Berlin (including fare) + assistance during your interview at the Embassy.
- Collecting the visa from the embassy in Berlin (including fare).
- Registration of the visa at the Foreign Police, Social Security Administration, Financial Office, Business Office.
- All consultations.
- Notary visits.
We will start the visa process after your arrival in Prague. Please make sure to bring your:
- apostilled criminal record statement (US citizens do not need to bring this).
Most often we arrange visas for Americans, Canadians, Australians and Mexicans. Other nationalities may be asked to comply with somewhat more complicated requirements; however do not hesitate and turn to us, we will be happy to help you.
To find our more about the visa process and the price of our visa assistance (which is not included in the course price), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need a visa to come to Prague for the TEFL course?
Some nationals are allowed to stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days without a visa (e.g. citizens of the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Japan), some need to obtain a tourist visa first (e.g. India, Russia, South Africa). If you are required to submit an invitation letter to get the tourist visa, we will be happy to provide it, please contact us.
British citizens after Brexit
If you are from the UK, you can still come to Prague without having to obtain a visa or a permit first (for now :-))
We would, however, recommend you to get one of the following soon after your arrival in Prague to make sure you will be able to stay even after Britain exits the EU:
- a certificate of temporary residence for an EU citizen
- a long-term residence permit
- a permanent residence permit
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.