Visa Assistance

Tourist Visa

If you are from the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia or Japan, you do not need a visa to come to Prague for the course and can stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days without a visa. If you are from India, Russia, South Africa or another African or South American county, you first need to obtain a tourist visa. We will be happy to provide you with suporting documents for your visa application at no extra cost (invitation letter and proof of accommodation).

Long-term visa

Unless you are an EU citizen, you will need to obtain a long-term visa to be able to work in the Czech Republic.

We know that dealing with all the visa paperwork and communicating with authorities can be quite overwhelming and difficult, especially if you need to focus on your TEFL course. That’s why we are here to help you with the entire visa process. Our in-house visa team is ready to help you at any time. No external agency, we are always at your direct disposal.

We are happy to help arrange a visa for students of all nationalities. We usually start the visa process after our students’ arrival in Prague. To find out more about specific requirements for your country, please do not hesitate to contact us. The visa assistance is not inlcuded in the course price, please contact us to get our price list. You can expect to pay approximately 600 USD for your visa (all costs included).

There are a few different types of long term visa (emloyee card, study, family unification,…). Although we can help you with all of them, we highly recommend you to get a business visa, especially if you are planning to teach English.

  • The visa process takes approximately months.
  • The visa is valid for up to 1 year.
  • To be able to apply for the visa you first need to obtain a Trade Licence.
  • With the business visa you will be self-employed.
  • Schools will not be hiring you as an employee but as a contractor.
  • You will be able to work for one or more language schools and have private clients.
  • You will be invoicing your clients / the schools you work for on a monthly basis.
  • You will need to pay health and social insurance on a monthly basis.
  • You will need to do your own taxes and file tax returns (once a year only).

All-inclusive visa assistance package:

  • Completion of all forms and documents necessary for the Trade Licence application
  • Getting you a business address
  • US citizens – getting a criminal record statement; others – translation of your criminal record statement
  • Getting the Trade Licence
  • Completion of all forms and documents necessary for the Visa Application.
  • Arranging an interview at a Czech embassy
  • A one-day trip to the Czech embassy (including fare) + assistance during your interview at the embassy.
  • Collecting your visa from the embassy (including fare) when it has been approved.
  • Registration of the visa at the Foreign Police, Social Security Administration, Financial Office, Business Office.
  • All consultations.
  • Notary visits.
To start your visa process, please bring the following documents
apostilled criminal record statement (US citizens do not need to bring this)
bank statement proving the amount of 4,500 USD on your account (if you do not have this, please contact us for more info)

British citizens after Brexit

If you are from the UK,  you can still come to Prague without having to obtain a visa or a permit.

We would, however, recommend you to get one of the following soon after your arrival in Prague to make sure you will be able to stay even after Britain exits the EU:

  • a certificate of temporary residence for an EU citizen
  • a long-term residence permit
  • a permanent residence permit

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.

Who to contact


Dušan Laščiak


Show contact