Teaching English Abroad
How can I start teaching English abroad?
To teach English abroad you just need to follow these three basic steps:
1) Make the decision and apply
2) Come and get TEFL certified
3) Get an ESL teaching job
Becoming an English teacher might seem difficult, but TEFL in Prague is here to walk you through the whole process.
A TEFL certificate enables you to easily find a job wherever you
travel. photo: sxc.hu
Let's start with an explanation on why it is a good idea to teach English abroad:
If you want to get a real insight into any culture, you need to interact with
the local people and experience as much as possible from their perspective.
The best way to do this is to stay for at least a month and work or study.
There are many reasons to teach English:
• A teaching job is easy to find
• There will always be people who need to learn English
• As a teacher of English you can visit almost any country in the world
• You will gain unforgettable experience
• You can be a traveller and adventurer while teaching and earning money
There are many reasons to come to Prague:
• Cost of living is low (check out TEFL in Prague's links for details)
• Located in the middle of Europe - easy to travel around (see map of the Czech Republic)
• Beautiful ruins, plenty of touristic attractions (photogallery by Lonely Planet)
• Cultural life: theaters, museums, coffee shops, pubs, tea rooms etc. (Prague Pictures)
• Nightlife - some of the greatest clubs in Europe (article on Prague nightlife)
• Rich national history (many dramatic changes, many ideologies, many architectonic styles, etc.)
• The best beer in the world (article about Czech beer)
• Unique traditional food (article on Czech food)
• Czech customs you will not find anywhere else (article on Czech culture & customs)
• Many foreigners call Prague the best place for teaching English (article about top places for teaching English)
Check out TEFL in Prague's links for more information.