Trainers & Observers
|Head TEFL Trainer & Observer|
- Teaching languages has been my passion for over fifteen years – apart from teaching TEFL and observing all our trainees teach, I have been working as a Senior teacher in English for EDUA in Prague as well as a freelance teacher of Czech and English.
- For me, teaching a language and training new teachers is a great opportunity to learn and help others achieve their goals. After gaining Cambridge Certificate in Proficiency in English, a Master’s degree in Philology, Czech language and Literature at the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts at Charles University and having submitted a doctoral thesis on the Communicative approach to second language learning, I find language and its acquisition ever more fascinating. Have you ever watched an American, Japanese and a Russian cheerfully chatting in Czech with each other? Once you have witnessed something so incredible, you want to be a part of this amazing process of teaching and learning about how language works.
“Jarmila’s subject knowledge is brilliant, she really helped me understand grammar and I always enjoyed her sessions. Her feedback was delivered in a positive way to help me see ways to improve, which was really helpful.”
“She is a very professional and knowledgeable person who I would love to have as my mentor”
|TEFL Trainer and Observer|
- I am a Teacher Trainer for EDUA in Prague. However, to keep myself busy I am also an online tutor, proof-reader, translator, teacher and occasional writer of materials. I have been teaching for over twenty years mainly here in the Czech Republic and a couple of short spells in England and Poland.
- I have been a teacher trainer for over fifteen years. I have a Trinity TESOL Certificate and RSA DELTA.
In my spare time I watch Slavia Prague, go to concerts and let my kids beat me on the Xbox.
“Peter made me feel at ease with his friendly comedic style of teaching. His sessions usually had practical elements incorporated, and lots of demo lessons, which was great to pick up tips to apply in our lessons. His critique was always fair and useful.”
“Peter was very good at providing imaginative and creative ways for us to create lesson plans. Also the teacher profile he had us do was very necessary and I learned a lot when writing that paper. It was also very practical as well, as that is something that we will be doing when we get a teaching job.”
|TEFL Trainer and Observer|
- I have been in the business for 18 years now, teaching all different kinds of English courses (group/one-to-one, general English, Cambridge exams etc…).
Also, I have been helping teachers to develop their skills since 2005.
I studied in America (1 year) and England (3 months) and I am in touch with native speakers on a daily basis. I have a Certificate of Proficiency in English and Cambridge DELTA.
- When I don’t teach English or train teachers, I sometimes play or DJ with them at gigs. I also ride a zippy road bike bloody fast.
“Jiří was a very engaging teacher, and any criticisms he had were always made in a positive way, like giving advice. That was really nice and helped me a lot.”
“Jiří was always outgoing and enthusiastic. You could tell he was very interested in his job and liked to watch us teach and give us good feedback so we could be better teachers.”
- After finishing my education at Belfairs, my initial calling was as an actor – having originally studied Art, Literature and Drama. Finally I settled for a career in Commercial Business. I spent over twenty-five years working within the field of Commercial Laundry Management. During this time, I continued with my studies concentrating on Sales Techniques, Personnel Development, Train the Trainer and various other Specialist Training Courses.
- I moved to the Czech Republic in 2011, where I now specialize in teaching Business English, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills, Meeting Skills, Body Language and Confidence Awareness and Pronunciation Techniques.
“Chris is great, consistent, provided real insight and feedback.”
“Fantastic observer, knows the material well, gives very useful feedback, highly approachable and readily offers assistance.”