- TEFL in Prague by EDUA Group
- About the Course
About the Course
Our TEFL course in a nutshell:
|A four-week, intensive, internationally recognized and IATQuO accredited course in initial teacher training consisting of methodology, classroom techniques and language awareness workshops, observed teaching practice and observations of experienced EFL teachers.|
You will learn to:
- plan and conduct successful lessons using the CLT method (communicative language teaching)
- understand the English phonology and basic grammar structures (tenses, conditionals, parts of speech..)
- use various teaching techniques, teach grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, listening, speaking
- give instructions and correct students’ errors
- use coursebooks, incorporate media and technology into your lessons
- plan a language course
- teach one to one, business English, exam preparation and young learners
- teach monolingual and a multilingual class or a class where students have different levels of English
We are proud to have 3 excellent TEFL trainers, all with 15+ years of teaching experience. They will make sure that, by the end of the course, you feel prepared and confident to stand in front of a class and teach a good and engaging lesson your students will enjoy.
|Although the course covers all the theory necessary for you to be able to plan successful lessons, we believe that hands-on practice is the best way to master your teaching skills.|
- takes place every afternoon
- real-life group of Czech students (no peer to peer teaching)
- pre-intermediate and upper-intermediate levels
- throughout the course you will plan and teach six 60-minute lessons and two one to one lessons
- you will receive feedback for each of your lessons
- when not teaching yourself, you will be observing lessons of your classmates or senior teachers working for our school
What does a typical day look like?
|9:00 – 12:15||12:15 – 13:30||13:30 – 16:30||16:30 – 17:30|
|Workshops||Consultations + Lunch||Teaching Practice||Feedback Session|
Why take a TEFL course?
If you are planning to teach abroad, it is always good to have a teaching certification. A TEFL certificate proves to employers/language schools that you have been trained, know how to plan and deliver lessons and have the necessary language awareness – in short, that you know what you are doing 🙂 Having a TEFL certificate (especially one that includes on-site teaching practice) is going to set you apart from other job applicants and give you a better chance of finding the job you want – language schools worldwide almost always prefer certified teachers.
If you would like to learn more about the course content, syllabus or assessment, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to send you more information.