- TEFL in Prague by EDUA Group
- About the Course
About the Course
TEFL in Prague is a member of EDUA Group, the largest private education company in the Czech Republic.
Our TEFL course is a four-week, intensive, internationally recognized and IATQuO accredited course in initial teacher training consisting of methodology, classroom techniques and language awareness workshops, observed teaching practice and observations of experienced EFL teachers.
The course includes 120 hours of in-class sessions and 6 hours of observed teaching practice (6 x 60 minutes) and provides training in the following areas:
- modern TEFL basics, lesson planning, course planning
- grammar and language awareness, phonology
- teaching grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, listening, speaking
- teaching techniques, classroom management, using coursebooks, error correction, concept checking, functions, instruction and voice, using visuals, media and technology, music, song and video
- teaching one to one, business English, exam preparation, young learners
- cultural awareness, alternative approaches, different levels, monolingual vs. multilingual
What does a typical day look like?
Mornings: methodology workshops/input sessions
- For course timetable and workshop schedule, please click here.
Afternoons: teaching practice and feedback sessions
- Demo Lesson – Monday, Week 1 – taught by course trainers.
- Ice Breakers – Tuesday, Week 1 – each trainee prepares a 10-minute activity to get to know the students and get comfortable in front of the class.
- 60-minute lessons – from Wednesday, Week 1 – throughout the course each trainee has to teach six 60-minute lessons to pre-intermediate and upper-intermediate students. Trainees are observed by the course observers, who share their feedback and ideas for improvement with them at the end of each teaching practice session.
- Peer Observations – from Wednesday, Week 1 – when not teaching themselves, trainees observe the lessons of their classmates and participate in the subsequent feedback sessions.
- Senior Teacher Observations – Week 2 and 3 – trainees have a chance to observe lessons of senior teachers within EDUA Group.
Czech is a quite a difficult language – to help you learn the basics of Czech and familiarize yourself with the Czech culture and traditions, every Friday you can participate in a Czech lesson designed just for you and your TEFL classmates.
|9:00 – 10:30||Workshop 1||Workshop 1||Workshop 1||Workshop 1||Workshop 1|
|10:45 – 12:15||Workshop 2||Workshop 2||Workshop 2||Workshop 2||Czech Lesson|
|12:15 – 13:30||LUNCH||LUNCH||LUNCH||LUNCH||LUNCH|
|13:30 – 16:00||Teaching Practice||Teaching Practice||Teaching Practice||Teaching Practice|
|16:05 – 17:00||Feedback||Feedback||Feedback||Feedback|
- tuition – workshops, observed teaching practice, peer observations
- all books and course materials
- internet access, use of the school library, teachers’ room and computer room, printing and copying
- complimentary tea and coffee
- survival Czech lessons
- networking events
- assistance before, during and after the course
- job guidance
- job guarantee for all Pass 1 graduates
- post-course assistance
- discounts on language courses qithin EDUA Group
Please note that visa assistance, housing assistance and public transportation costs are not included in the course fees.
Are 4 weeks too intensive for you? Do you work full time and cannot afford to take four weeks off to take the course?
Then try our new part-time course! It is an 18-week course that takes place on Saturdays and weekdays. It offers the same number of in-class sessions and observed teaching practice as the intensive course. To find out more about the part-time course please click here.